Business Administration Internships
Register Your Interest
Business Administration Internships
In Semester 2 2023, MSA Training & Professional Development is offering business administration internships.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a tight-knit team operating in a fast-paced environment whilst developing your skills, confidence and knowledge of business administration.
Additionally it will give you the opportunity to complete a nationally recognised business qualification to complement your degree and to gain real-world experience as part of a supportive, professional team in a business environment.
This internship is available only to currently enrolled domestic Monash University students and Australian/NZ citizenship requirements apply. It is open to students from all Monash faculties and campuses, but attendance at the Clayton campus will be required.
- Nationally recognised BSB30120 Certificate III in Business qualification
- Nationally recognised Infection Control/CovidSafety certificate
- Written letter of reference
- Professional networks
- Real-world experience for your resume
Throughout the semester there will be:
- opportunities to attend promotional and marketing events/expos/Open Day
- weekly mentoring/coaching sessions
- time spent working with our Business & Professional Development team in our office, completing business tasks/projects and attending meetings
- opportunities to attend professional development events
- opportunities for networking
Complete the application form below: this is to apply for the Internship as well as covering all government requirements for us to be able to enrol you for the nationally recognised Certificate III in Business and the Infection Control unit. This is a competitive process and the number of successful applicants is strictly limited. Please ensure you complete the form to the best of your ability and ensure you articulate why you want to undertake this internship and how it will assist you in your future career.
Applications close June 16th.
Please do not print the application form. Only online submissions will be accepted.
People with a disability are encouraged to apply.
For queries please contact Rebecca.Redfern@monash.edu
MSA Training and Professional Development adheres to the Code of ethics for ACPET members
RTO Number: 21526
This internship is being offered from July 2023-December 2023.
This internship will include the nationally recognised Certificate III in Business. It covers the following units:
- BSBPEF301 Organise personal work priorities*
- BSBTWK301 Use inclusive work practices
- BSBWHS311 Assist with maintaining workplace safety
- BSBXCM301 Engage in workplace communication
- BSBWRT311 Write simple documents*
- BSBSUS211 Participate in sustainable work practices
- BSBCRT311 Apply critical thinking skills in a team environment
- BSBINS309 Maintain business records*
- BSBTEC301 Design and produce business documents*
- BSBOPS304 Deliver and monitor a service to customers*
- BSBOPS305 Process customer complaints*
- BSBTEC302 Design and produce spreadsheets*
- BSBPEF201 Support personal wellbeing in the workplace
Our Internship comprises:
Friday July 7th, 10am-12noon – Orientation Session, welcome, privacy and ethics and the unit BSBINS309 Maintain business records.
Friday July 7th, 1-4pm Infection control/Covid Safety
Monday-Friday, 9am-4pm, July 10-14 & 17-21 – fast track intensive immersion program with two weeks of classes.
This will cover the business and administration skills and knowledge you will need to be able to complete your internship. This will be held on our Clayton campus and attendance is compulsory.
Week 1 – each intern will be given a project to work on.
Weeks 1-12, Fridays 10am-11am Coaching/mentoring session each week.
Weeks 1-12, 2 hours per week of project work (this can be done from home or our office on days/times that suit you).
Additional events, meetings and office experiences will occur throughout the semester and will be scheduled individually with each intern. The dates and times will be flexible around your other commitments.
- Australian citizen, permanent resident or New Zealand citizen
- Living in Victoria throughout Semester 2
- Currently enrolled as a student at Monash University
- Places in this internship program are strictly limited. Please fill out the application form to the best of your ability and ensure you articulate why you want to undertake this internship and how it will assist you in your future career.
Students who successfully complete this internship may continue on to further study with us, such as:
• Certificate IV in Leadership and Management
• Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping
This is a voluntary internship so interns will not receive a payment.
There is no cost to participate in the program. All books and materials will be supplied.