Barista EssentialsEnrol in Course
Barista Essentials is a hands on coffee making course based at Monash University, Clayton Campus. You will practice on a real machine in the Sir John’s Bar, and learn how to make a variety of different types of coffees.
Life is too short for bad coffee…
Discover the secrets to making the perfect coffee – full body, magnificent aroma, well – established crema and a consistent, attractive presentation. This course covers milk frothing, maintenance of commercial grinders and espresso machines and correct technique for making espresso, macchiato, long black, cappuccino and café latte. Suitable for job seekers. Includes a Certificate of Completion.
Hospitality courses available at MSA Training and Professional Development
- RSA – Responsible Service of Alcohol
- Food Safety – SITXFSA005 Use Hygienic Practices for Food Safety
- Bartending and Cocktails
- Barista Essentials
- Hospitality Bundle
MSATPD has partnered with Platinum Staffing to assist our hospitality students find work.
Platinum Staffing is currently seeking vibrant, enthusiastic and motivated casual Food and
Beverage Attendants (Bartenders, Wait Staff, Barback/Bussie). Basic beer, wine, spirit knowledge is preferred not essential, cocktail knowledge/experience a bonus.
This role would suit someone who can work weekend nights – mostly Friday and Saturday late nights with possible opportunities on weekdays and day shifts.
What we offer you:
• Award wages
• Working with Melbourne biggest entertainment complex & prestige clients
• Fun and social work environment (different venues within the complex)
• High quality uniforms
• Opportunities for further training and development within the hospitality sector
• Easy access to public transport and nearby car parks
Email your resume and expression of interest to email@example.com or click
the links below to apply according to your experience.
Wait Staff: https://www.facebook.com/job_opening/464515004828125/?source=share
An opportunity to join the industry leading front of house team at Shane Delia’s flagship restaurant, Maha. Maha is one of Melbourne’s most stunning dining rooms where guests experience our signature Middle Eastern inspired dishes in a luxurious setting.
We believe in delivering memorable experiences and exceeding expectations, and as a member of our wait staff, you will be on the frontline providing attentive, warm, and humble service to our guests. We are a tight knit team where every member is more than just a number and we believe in helping our team develop both professionally and personally.
Becoming a part of the Maha family means you are joining an established brand that is focused on making sure its people have opportunities to learn and grow both professionally and personally. We are a tight knit team where every member is valued as more than just a number..
Our team enjoy:
– Genuine opportunities for career development including at our exciting new CBD venue opening this Spring
– Bi-weekly in-house training sessions covering a broad range of topics
– Visits to our suppliers in their own backyard, including wineries, breweries, distilleries, farms, and foraging trips
– The opportunity to undertake WSET qualifications
– Generous staff discounts at all Delia Group venues so that they can experience what we do from a guest’s perspective
– Mentoring, support and guidance to help them achieve their goals
– Our annual staff awards party where we recognise outstanding performance
Who are you?
– You have a passion for hospitality and making sure guests feel special
– You love to elevate a customer experience to the next level
– You are a team player who is honest, hardworking, humble, and accountable
– You take what you do seriously and are focused on learning and growing
– You thrive in a fast paced, busy environment and embrace a challenge
If this sounds like the role for you and you think you could be our next front of house superstar then send us your resume today!
1 x 4 hour session
Notebook and pen. Must wear enclosed shoes (No thongs or sandals).
Richard currently manages the Sir John’s Bar at Monash University in Clayton and has over 20 years experience in hospitality ranging from cafes, pubs, clubs, 5* hotels, high end restaurants, cocktail bars and private members bars. He has been trained by master sommeliers/blenders, leading industry experts on spirits, beers and liqueurs, world renowned cocktail bartenders, Michelin starred chefs and has undertaken a number of courses and programs to develop his skills and knowledge within the industry. In London he was a trainer for Match Bar Group and Gaucho restaurants for a number of years where high expectations were placed on students and trainers. He has also opened venues and consulted for hospitality businesses here in Australia
|Course Code||Day||Start Date||End Date||Time||Location|
|231COFFI||Mon||Jun 5th||Jun 5th||5:30pm - 9:30pm||Sir John's Bar|
|231COFFJ||Mon||Jun 19th||Jun 19th||5:30pm - 9:30pm||Sir John's Bar|
|232COFFA||Mon||Jul 24th||Jul 24th||5:30pm - 9:30pm||Sir John's Bar|
Fees are inclusive of all materials.
To view our Refund and Transfer Policy please click here.
Depending on your individual circumstances, this course may be tax deductible.
To be eligible for the concession price for short courses and Certificate & Diploma (Non-Funded only), you must be one of the following:
Monash and other students
Health Care Card and Pension Card holders