SITHFAB021 Provide responsible service of alcoholEnrol in Course
SITHFAB021 Provide responsible service of alcohol (RSA)
In the Provide Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) course you will gain the skills required to serve alcohol in a responsible manner, ensuring compliance with relevant liquor legislation. Explains the problems associated with excessive alcohol consumption and provides strategies to refuse service and prevent problems before they occur. All participants receive a manual.
Students successfully completing the Provide Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) course will receive two certificates. One is issued by the Victorian Gambling and Casino Control Commission (VGCCC). and is valid in Victoria. The other certificate is for the unit of competency SITHFAB021 and this is nationally recognised.
On 1 January 2022, the VCGLR became the Victorian Gambling and Casino Control Commission (VGCCC).
Certificates will be emailed to successful participants within 10 business days.
We are approved to deliver Victoria’s RSA training by interactive video chat or virtual classroom technology for the duration of the Victorian Declared State of Emergency for coronavirus (COVID-19). This amendment to the approved delivery method aims to ensure the health and safety of our staff and students, industry compliance and support for businesses impacted by the coronavirus.
Course content and maximum class size are not affected by this amendment to delivery method.
Students must be based in Australia and have a USI.
Hospitality courses available at MSA Training ad Professional Development
- RSA – Responsible Service of Alcohol
- Food Safety – SITXFSA005 Use Hygienic Practices for Food Safety
- Bartending and Cocktails
- Barista Essentials
- Hospitality Bundle
- How to Get Your Food Safety Certificate
- How to Make a Melbourne Coffee
- How to Make a Cocktail at Home
- How to Get Your RSA
- Talking RSA with trainer George O’Keefe
MSA Training and Professional Development adheres to the Code of ethics for ACPET members
RTO Number: 21526
From 11 August 2022, MSA Training and Professional Development will cease offering the superseded SITHFAB002 Provide responsible service of alcohol, and will commence the delivery of the new SITHFAB021 Provide responsible service of alcohol.
MSATPD has partnered with Platinum Staffing to assist our hospitality students find work.
Come Join Our Team! Platinum Staffing is looking for an active and passionate candidate to work with us as a Food & Beverage Attendant.
Platinum Staffing is a family-owned hospitality staffing agency based in Melbourne that can offer you ongoing casual jobs and career opportunities. We are looking for a range of F&B Attendants, Bartender’s, Bussies, Wait Staff, Cashiers and Baristas
Client Profile: Our Clients are some of Melbourne’s most prestigious venues, sporting events, and well-known hospitality/catering businesses with reputations for their first-class services. A 5-stars quality service is expected while working in our clients’ events or venues, as we strive to provide the highest standard to their customers.
Shifts available 24/7 at Southbank Venues including Bars, Nightclubs, Banquets and Restaurants. With other opportunities at Flemington / Caulfield / Moonee Valley Racecourse, AAMI Park, Festivals, Sporting Events and more!
Job Description: Work in a fun, fast paced environment with a can-do attitude. To be successful in this job, you should be flexible with your roles throughout the shift as you might either have a customer facing role or a back of house role. You will be responsible for directly or indirectly creating a refreshing and memorable experience for the guests from the minute they arrived until they leave. In addition to this, prior work experience as Floor Staff, an all rounder or a similar role will be an added benefit for the candidate.
What You Need:
- Current Victoria RSA
- Proven work experience as a F&B Attendant or a similar role in the Hospitality industry.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Ability to multitask and prioritise tasks.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Willingness to work flexibly which includes night shifts, weekends, and holidays.
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
What We Offer You:
- Above Award rates and flat rate of $37.18 per hour are available Monday to Sunday in Southbank venues
- Fun and social work environment
- High quality uniforms (freshly laundered in selected venues)
- Meal cards on shift for Buffet meal breaks in selected venues
- Opportunities for further training and development within the hospitality sector
- Easy access to public transport and nearby car parks
- Staff gatherings and other team benefits
- Build your own roster, work on the days you want and at the venues that suit you
If you’re seeking an exciting new opportunities and believe you have the skills and experience required to excel as part of our team, please submit your current resume to email@example.com
More Info: www.platinumstaffing.com.au
An opportunity to join the industry leading front of house team at Shane Delia’s flagship restaurant, Maha. Maha is one of Melbourne’s most stunning dining rooms where guests experience our signature Middle Eastern inspired dishes in a luxurious setting.
We believe in delivering memorable experiences and exceeding expectations, and as a member of our wait staff, you will be on the frontline providing attentive, warm, and humble service to our guests. We are a tight knit team where every member is more than just a number and we believe in helping our team develop both professionally and personally.
Becoming a part of the Maha family means you are joining an established brand that is focused on making sure its people have opportunities to learn and grow both professionally and personally. We are a tight knit team where every member is valued as more than just a number..
Our team enjoy:
– Genuine opportunities for career development including at our exciting new CBD venue opening this Spring
– Bi-weekly in-house training sessions covering a broad range of topics
– Visits to our suppliers in their own backyard, including wineries, breweries, distilleries, farms, and foraging trips
– The opportunity to undertake WSET qualifications
– Generous staff discounts at all Delia Group venues so that they can experience what we do from a guest’s perspective
– Mentoring, support and guidance to help them achieve their goals
– Our annual staff awards party where we recognise outstanding performance
Who are you?
– You have a passion for hospitality and making sure guests feel special
– You love to elevate a customer experience to the next level
– You are a team player who is honest, hardworking, humble, and accountable
– You take what you do seriously and are focused on learning and growing
– You thrive in a fast paced, busy environment and embrace a challenge
If this sounds like the role for you and you think you could be our next front of house superstar then send us your resume today!
All licensees and staff selling, offering or serving liquor for general, on-premises, packaged liquor and late night licences must complete the approved RSA online refresher course within three years of completing their last RSA program (and every three years thereafter).
Licences outside of the above categories that have RSA training listed as a licence condition, also require licensees and staff to complete the RSA online refresher course.
George has extensive experience working as a trainer in Liquor Compliance and Responsible Service of Alcohol. George uses this experience to teach Responsible Service of Alcohol at MSA Training and Professional Development applying relevant industry experience.
Richard currently manages the Sir John’s Bar at Monash University in Clayton and has over 20 years experience in hospitality ranging from cafes, pubs, clubs, 5* hotels, high end restaurants, cocktail bars and private members bars. He has been trained by master sommeliers/blenders, leading industry experts on spirits, beers and liqueurs, world renowned cocktail bartenders, Michelin starred chefs and has undertaken a number of courses and programs to develop his skills and knowledge within the industry. In London he was a trainer for Match Bar Group and Gaucho restaurants for a number of years where high expectations were placed on students and trainers. He has also opened venues and consulted for hospitality businesses here in Australia
Computer to complete the assessments and join Zoom classroom. Notepad and pen. A good understanding of written and spoken English is required to undertake this course.
Please arrive 15 minutes early. It is a VGCCC requirement that you attend the entire session. Latecomers will be turned away and are not eligible for a refund or transfer
Students must be based in Australia and have a USI.
MSA Training and Professional Development has partnered with OpenPay.
Using OpenPay, we are able to offer an easy payment plan, in either weekly, or fortnightly repayments, to suit your budget, and lifestyle, whilst at the same time improving your independence and freedom. All of this without the financial stress of an outright purchase. Easy Payment Terms of 1 Month – 24 Months are available, to approved purchasers. Please note, this service is offered by OpenPay, which is not connected to MSA Training and Professional Development.
If you would like to obtain further information on our payment plans, please contact us on 9905 3180 or go to www.openpay.com.au/how/
|Course Code||Day||Start Date||End Date||Time||Location|
|222RSAN||Mon||Sep 26th||Sep 26th||10:00am - 2:00pm||Sir John's Bar|
|222RSAF||Wed||Sep 28th||Sep 28th||5:30pm - 9:30pm||Zoom|
|222RSAG||Sat||Oct 8th||Oct 8th||9:00am - 1:00pm||Zoom|
|222RSAM||Wed||Oct 12th||Oct 12th||10:00am - 2:00pm||Zoom|
|222RSAH||Mon||Oct 24th||Oct 24th||5:30pm - 9:30pm||Zoom|
|222RSAI||Thu||Nov 10th||Nov 10th||5:30pm - 9:30pm||Zoom|
|222RSAJ||Sat||Nov 26th||Nov 26th||9:00am - 1:00pm||Zoom|
|222RSAK||Wed||Dec 14th||Dec 14th||5:30pm - 9:30pm||Zoom|
Fees are inclusive of all materials.
To view our Refund and Transfer Policy please click here.
Depending on your individual circumstances, this course may be tax deductible.
To be eligible for the concession price for short courses and Certificate & Diploma (Non-Funded only), you must be one of the following:
Monash and other students
Health Care Card and Pension Card holders