Upcoming Short CoursesThere are currently no openings available for this course.
This Hospitality bundle is designed for those wishing to commence work in the hospitality industry
Come & join us for a 5 day intensive hospitality course that will equip you with the skills to gain successful employment within the hospitality sector.
Hospitality bundle courses Include;
Learn to serve alcohol in a responsible manner in compliance with relevant liquor legislation. Explains the problems associated with excessive alcohol consumption and provides strategies to refuse service and prevent problems before they occur. All participants receive a manual.
Students successfully completing this course will receive two certificates. One is issued by the Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation and is valid in Victoria. The other certificate is for the unit of competency SITHFAB0021 and this is nationally recognised.
🥗 Food Safety
Preparing and handling food hygienically is essential for ensuring food is safe to eat. An understanding of hygienic practices ensures both personal and food hygiene is observed in food handling. These practices prevent food poisoning for occurring and are essential for any role working with or near food.
This course is nationally recognised and satisfies the requirements from the unit of competency SITXFSA005 Use hygienic practices for food safety from the Hospitality Training Package. Upon successful completion students will be issued a Statement of Attainment for this unit
☕️ Barista Essentials
Discover the secrets to making the perfect coffee – full body, magnificent aroma, well – established cream and a consistent, attractive presentation. Covers frothing, maintenance of commercial grinders and espresso machines and correct technique for making espresso, macchiato, long black, cappuccino and café latte. Suitable for job seekers. Includes certificate.
🍹 Bartending and Cocktails
It can be incredibly tough to get a ‘trial’ in a venue let alone a job without any prior experience. This course will provide you with a fundamental understanding of what a bartender is required to do, the language used in the workplace and the skills to do your job and be a better employee. That way when you get a trial shift you can focus on showing your personality, passion and commitment, rather than suddenly having to learn a new language and skills an employer would look for as a requirement.
Limited to 10 places – this course is only offered during school/uni holidays.
- Day 1 – Coffee 10am – 2pm
- Day 2 – RSA 10am – 2pm
- Day 3 – Food Safety 10am – 4:30pm
- Day 4 – Bar & Cocktails Session 1 10am – 2pm
- Day 5 – Bar & Cocktails Session 2 10am – 2pm
Fees are inclusive of all materials.
To view our Refund and Transfer Policy please click here.
Depending on your individual circumstances, this course may be tax deductible.
To be eligible for the concession price for short courses and Certificate & Diploma (Non-Funded only), you must be one of the following:
Monash and other students
Health Care Card and Pension Card holders
MSATPD has partnered with Platinum Staffing to assist our hospitality students find work.
Platinum Staffing is currently seeking vibrant, enthusiastic and motivated casual Food and
Beverage Attendants (Bartenders, Wait Staff, Barback/Bussie). Basic beer, wine, spirit knowledge is preferred not essential, cocktail knowledge/experience a bonus.
This role would suit someone who can work weekend nights – mostly Friday and Saturday late nights with possible opportunities on weekdays and day shifts.
What we offer you:
• Award wages
• Working with Melbourne biggest entertainment complex & prestige clients
• Fun and social work environment (different venues within the complex)
• High quality uniforms
• Opportunities for further training and development within the hospitality sector
• Easy access to public transport and nearby car parks
Email your resume and expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org or click
the links below to apply according to your experience.
Wait Staff: https://www.facebook.com/job_opening/464515004828125/?source=share
An opportunity to join the industry leading front of house team at Shane Delia’s flagship restaurant, Maha. Maha is one of Melbourne’s most stunning dining rooms where guests experience our signature Middle Eastern inspired dishes in a luxurious setting.
We believe in delivering memorable experiences and exceeding expectations, and as a member of our wait staff, you will be on the frontline providing attentive, warm, and humble service to our guests. We are a tight knit team where every member is more than just a number and we believe in helping our team develop both professionally and personally.
Becoming a part of the Maha family means you are joining an established brand that is focused on making sure its people have opportunities to learn and grow both professionally and personally. We are a tight knit team where every member is valued as more than just a number..
Our team enjoy:
– Genuine opportunities for career development including at our exciting new CBD venue opening this Spring
– Bi-weekly in-house training sessions covering a broad range of topics
– Visits to our suppliers in their own backyard, including wineries, breweries, distilleries, farms, and foraging trips
– The opportunity to undertake WSET qualifications
– Generous staff discounts at all Delia Group venues so that they can experience what we do from a guest’s perspective
– Mentoring, support and guidance to help them achieve their goals
– Our annual staff awards party where we recognise outstanding performance
Who are you?
– You have a passion for hospitality and making sure guests feel special
– You love to elevate a customer experience to the next level
– You are a team player who is honest, hardworking, humble, and accountable
– You take what you do seriously and are focused on learning and growing
– You thrive in a fast paced, busy environment and embrace a challenge
If this sounds like the role for you and you think you could be our next front of house superstar then send us your resume today!
Day 1 – Coffee 10am – 2pm
Day 2 – RSA 10am – 2pm
Day 3 – Food Safety 10am – 4:30pm
Day 4 – Bar & Cocktails Session 1 10am – 2pm
Day 5 – Bar & Cocktails Session 2 10am – 2pm
Notebook and pen. Must wear enclosed shoes (No thongs or sandals).
This course is held in a licensed bar. Real alcohol will be used, some taste testing included. Students must be 18 years or over, please bring your ID. Organise alternative transport home.